To facilitate continuous improvement in plant reliability through TPM development and maintenance project planning.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using the maintenance planning system, generate the routine maintenance schedules, this should include required cleaning, lubrication and inspection tasks.
- Allocate resources to the schedules and generate works orders where these are indicated.
- Communicate the schedules to the production, engineering and other support teams and resolve work and resource allocation problems.
- Verify that routine maintenance schedules are being completed and that shift teams are completing autonomous maintenance tasks assigned to them.
- Complete all administration and maintenance systems tasks required supporting the management of routine maintenance schedules.
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of routine maintenance tasks to the shift and engineering teams and highlight non-compliance and problems that need to be addressed.
Maintenance Systems Management:
- Where necessary, take part in the commissioning of new maintenance systems, or changes to the current maintenance system.
- Manage the maintenance systems, ensuring operational and data integrity and correct use of the system.
- Plan required maintenance work using the maintenance system, generating the required schedules and associated works orders.
- Generate required maintenance reports, including SAP reports and communicate to key stakeholders.
- Capture required data on the maintenance systems. Data must be verified for accuracy and completeness.
- Conduct analysis on maintenance data to identify failure modes and root causes of maintenance problems, and to identify problems timeously.
- Where analysis of maintenance data indicates a need to carry out work, this information must be communicated to the engineering team and included in the planned maintenance schedules.
- Facilitate and lead the planned maintenance pre meeting. Work required, problems to be addressed and resource requirements must be discussed.
- Plan all required work on the planned maintenance schedule. Ad hoc tasks should be included, and prioritized, and relevant works requests generated.
- Determine resource requirements to complete work and assign tasks to specific resources. Interaction with departmental heads to obtain resources may be required.
- Partake in planned maintenance period in support of maintenance team and assist with problem solving, work prioritization and resource re allocation.
- Reschedule incomplete work to the next planned maintenance period and capture all required information from planned maintenance period on the maintenance systems.
- Facilitate and lead the maintenance postmortems.
- Problems encountered, opportunities identified, and lessons learned should be discussed.
- Where problems have occurred during routine and planned maintenance activities, apply the correct problem-solving approach to resolve.
- Where required, call in additional resources to assist in problem solving or escalate to Engineer for direction.
- Assist fellow team members to resolve problems on request.
- Take part, as functional expert, in FFA's on request.
- Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical) or equivalent and trade.
- 3 to 5 years production Engineering experience with 3 years in supervisory level.
- Knowledge of Brewing and Packaging plant will be an advantage.
- PC literate (Proficiency in Microsoft office applications).
- Band: VII-B.
- Be able to work shifts.