- To provide excellent customer service and/or training to internal and external customers;
- To leverage credit for volume, brand and market share growth
- To promote sales and increase profitability through effective credit risk management in line with the Credit Policy
- To ensure effective coordination of key credit functional processes in line with the business Credit Policy and Best Operating Practice
- To effectively manage the performance of the Centralized Credit Management (CCM) structure for the Regions
- To form a partnership with the Regional Stakeholders and CIC, whilst ensuring adherence to the agreed upon SLA’s between the CIC as well as the Districts
REPORT STRUCTURE :
Leverage credit for volume, brand and market share growth by:
- Communicating Credit offerings / Dec & Easter peak to OSM, DM’s, depot, sales and distribution teams
- Determining Regional reach for each credit offering with input of depot sales and distribution teams and signed off (CM, FM, GM)
- Monitoring Credit deals and providing feedback to Stakeholders
- Identify and support Ad hoc volume opportunities to leverage credit for
Ensure high levels of efficiency in the AR customer payment transaction processing and customer account reconciliation and administration by:
- Managing Credit service compliance to functional and process SLA
- Providing training on credit policies and procedures to team members and regional stakeholders.
- Providing training on regional routine tasks.
Responsible to deliver quality reporting to support credit management and CPI’s/KPI’s:
- Contribute to business decision support by agreeing and reporting on key finance focus areas as well as creating the Regional Annual Credit Business Plans
Provide quality customer focused support in all credit functional areas through effective communication and high service ethic to all business units and functional areas by:
- Effectively managing issues that have been escalated within the Credit environment.
- Successful customer negotiation and interaction.
- Conducting regular Depot and District visits and/or having regular routine teleconferences.
- Conducting Trade visits, with specific reference to House Call customers, and incorporating the House Call credit plan & outputs into the Annual Regional Credit Business Plan.
Provide specialised, quality risk management expertise and support by:
- Reviewing and approving Credit limits, terms of trade and Risk assessments on new accounts, in accordance with mandate.
- Negotiating collateral to mitigate risk (high volume customers).
- Approval and collection monitoring of negotiated settlement accounts.
- Approval and collection monitoring of accounts for hand over to Pre legal and/or Legal.
- Review Regional debtors book, monitor trends and agree action plans with the CIC.
- Validation and approval of Bad debt write off proposal.
- Ensure Liquor License compliance in conjunction with CIC.
- Review and approve Journals for refunds, transfers between accounts, discounts granted not earned, promotional pay outs and others.
- To foster and strengthen relationships and inter dependencies with key stakeholders.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (B Com/B Compt or equivalent).
- CIMA/ CA/ CIA/ MBA preferred.
- 7 - 10 years relevant senior credit management experience, preferably in an FMCG industry.
- Knowledge of SAP, or similar ERP type software.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including advanced
- Excel skills and intermediate PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage diversity with strong leadership skills and a tenacious motivator to drive staff performance in the pursuit of excellence.
- Ability to effectively communicate at senior levels with external Customers, Group / National Accounts, and various banks.
- Able to effectively communicate and interact with Regional stakeholders and Internal customers at all levels of the Company.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across functions and geographies.
- Based in Johannesburg
- Strong working relationship with Regional District Managers
- Works closely with the CIC
- Will involve regular travel to accountable Regions
- Band: VI B
Service Manager: Credit
- Service Manager: Credit
- CIC Sales
- ZHQ Finance
- Egoliand North Regional Stakeholders