ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
To maintain, repair and optimise plant and associated devices to ensure plant availability and product quality at minimum cost without sacrificing standards.
OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITES :
- Compliance with all safety, health and environmental procedures and legislation.
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards.
- Develop and provide training solutions on problematic machines.
- Ensure that designated machines are serviced and maintained as per supplier recommendations and SAB maintenance schedules.
- Ensures that the necessary spares requirements are communicated timeously to the Maintenance Controller.
- Perform stand-by duty.
- Maintain plant, equipment, spares and relevant documentation/ systems (including modifications and SAP schedule changes).
- Plan, budget and prepare for the job.
- Continuously improve (optimize plant, process equipment and systems).
- Operate plant and process if required.
- Monitor performance of machines.
- Optimize usage of resources.
- Resolve and eliminate problems
- Identify and document Best Operating Practices.
- A recognised Trade Test Qualification, as well as an N6 certificate relevant to trade.
- 2-3 years high speed Packaging experience.
- Plant/ equipment maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of OHS and NOSA requirements.
- Understanding of quality procedures and specs.
- Good coaching skills with the view of becoming a workplace assessor.
- Problem identification and solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A concern for detail, accuracy and order.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- Computer literate: SAP Work Orders & Microsoft Packages